Giving is a two-way exchange that fills the heart and makes great things happen! When you support the California African American Museum (CAAM) you are giving to the largest institution of its kind in the west dedicated to preserving, collecting and interpreting for public viewing the varied contributions of African Americans. Here are just a few ways in which your support paves the way for continued public enrichment:
- Expanding our educational programs and workshops for children, seniors, families
- Developing and presenting our own exhibitions
- Hosting popular traveling exhibitions
- Bring special moments to life such as book signings and dialogues with significant contributors to our society such as Barack Obama
- Maintaining and presenting the museum’s permanent collection - The African American Journey West
- Helping offset costs associated with presenting art and craft making workshops; maintaining educational programs that meet California standards; offering experience enriching guided tours; and museum management training programs through our Young Docent and High School outreach programs
Your gift makes a difference to CAAM everyday, but it also helps us to reach out beyond our doors to the whole community. Give today and we all continue to benefit tomorrow.